Back to top

Frog Blog

Click here to go back

Are you overdue paying your tax bill?

Posted by Admin Posted on Mar 02 2017

Are you overdue paying your tax bill? You may be contacted by a private collection agency. (The IRS is starting to use private firms as a result of a 2015 law requiring it.) The IRS has posted a sample letter on its website that it will send to taxpayers to notify them that their overdue accounts have been assigned to a private collection agency. The letter informs taxpayers that the collection agency will work with the taxpayer on payment options and offer a payment plan if he or she can?t pay the balance in full. Here?s the sample letter: